Finding out solid information about environmental quality issues can be a very time-consuming and frustrating task--and sometimes it is a fruitless endeavor.
The Arizona Department of Environmental Quality has been working hard to make their web site very consumer-friendly...and they've been successful!
Here's how to find out if your property is located in or near a Superfund site:
- Go to the ADEQ site: http://www.azdeq.gov/
- Click on Waste Programs on the left side of the screen
- Click on Superfund/WQARF on the left
- Click on Site Infordmation and Maps on the right
- Click on Tucson, Phoenix or Statewide Area Site Information and Maps
- The next page will give you a menu of sites and locations to choose from, and instructions on how to get more detailed information from Yahoo! Maps.
Another great feature of the ADEQ site is its interactive GIS eMap program - all kinds of information in different layers...right at your fingertips!
It takes a lot of work to put together a cogent and easy to use website with pertinent information: Kudos to all of the folks at Arizona Department of Environmental Quality for a job well done!